Saturday, March 15, 2008

Curriculum Angst

We use Math-U-See (MUS) for our math curriculum. My daughter really likes it. She enjoys Mr. Demme on the videos. And, she really can do her addition and subtraction facts well now. Sometimes, I let her teach her Barbie dolls math class, and she really likes that!

Next year we are switching to My Father's World (doing Exploring Countries and Cultures). MFW recommends Singapore math. And lots of people on the MFW message board sing the praises of Singapore. It makes me doubt my choice of MUS. It's like this little nagging voice in the back of my head. But, I've asked her several times if she wants to change, and she has said, "NO!"

And then I am reminded, tonight, of Philippians 4:6 - 7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I just need to pray about it and seek God's guidance. He is faithful. He will show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment