Sunday, July 27, 2014

AHL:Week 4

This week Rabbit covered the Epic of Gilgamesh for English. She did great answering all the questions in the Ancient History Supplement. And, she even wrote short answers for the "Critical Thinking" sections, even though it wasn't required. She scored a 19/20 on the vocabulary quiz. The only question she missed was one of the analogies. She did notice that next week is another argumentative essay assignment. She might have tried to get started on it over the weekend so it's not quite so overwhelming.

She is pretty much staying on top of the history readings. Only 2 days of reading Exploring World History this week. She hasn't complained this week on the history, so I'm assuming it wasn't as repetitive as other weeks. She also did a great job on her map work. 

She keeps plowing through the logic book, The Fallacy Detective. I should probably read it when she is done :), or she'll be out-thinking me.

We added Math back in this week. It was a struggle to get going, so the first day we only did 1/2 an hour. But the next day we did a full hour and finished the lesson. She is only on lesson 43 in Algebra 1. I am hoping we can finish Algebra 1 by the end of this school year.

I think we will add Spelling (All About Spelling) in next week. And, we plan to add in Biology and Spanish in August sometime. I think staggering the start will be good.

I'll be starting Creation to the Greeks with the boys the first full week of August. Looking at all of our activities - P.E. class, biology lab class, dance classes, and AWANA - I feel pretty overwhelmed trying to schedule it all. I've told the boys we really need to start at 8:00am in order to get things done. I am even thinking about doing Bible time during breakfast! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like she is doing great! Are you doing the Logic book with her or is she doing that on her own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, right now she is doing it on her own. I have a lot of projects to try to get done this summer.

      Delete
  2. I completely understand that! Do you have her write her answers on paper then? I'm trying to figure out how we will use this book as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, she is writing her answers down in a small notebook, and then checking them herself. She says she only misses one or two per section.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Tricia for your reply! This is very helpful. I love that you are blogging about your weeks in AHL!!

    ReplyDelete