Monday, September 3, 2012

1850MOD Week 3, Day 4

So I'm not always great about keeping up. 

The main thing from today is the Capillary Action experiment. We set it up like it said, but we didn't see any Capillary Action right away, and the book didn't say how long it would take for it to work. So, we left it on the counter and went on to other things. Later that afternoon I checked it again, and there was red stain on the paper towel. So, if you do that experiment you might have to give it quite a bit of time to see the results. I wish the book would have been more clear on that one.

For the history portion, we still have yet to do any of the Story of the World Activity Book projects. I realize the T.M. says they're optional, but am I short changing Rabbit by not doing any. We read through them, but that's about it.

Looking back at my T.M. I realize that we didn't do our God and the History of Art lesson. Oops!

Everything else for the day went as usual.

For this next week, things are going to be weird. I'm actually going to do Week 4 Day 1 on Tuesday (we took Memorial Day off), and then do Week 3 Day 5 on Wednesday. This week we start P.E. and Worship Dance, and so we really must be done by 11:00am on Wednesday in order to eat lunch, pack up our books and head out. Also, I may not get to school on Thursday, depending on some other things going on, and will definitely not do school Friday. I really need those light days to be on Wednesday. I may need to do some juggling to make stuff work this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment