Sunday, July 21, 2013

1850MOD - We're Finished

Well, we've been "finished" for a while. Our state only requires 172 days. When we hit that, we're done! 

I did want Rabbit to at least hear all the history (the boys will get it again in 5 years), so we buckled down one day and spent 2.5 hours listening to and reading the last week of history. She has also listened to the rest of her General Science book. We are still working on Saxon 8/7. We usually only get to about 4 days a week of that. I have finally gotten her to use a calculator: I got a Calculator app for my iPad. She loves the big buttons, she can change the skins, and we can check the history to find her mistakes. 

I didn't worry about the boys finishing the 2nd/3rd grade supplement stuff. They finished Singapore 2B recently and we started on 3A this last week. I've been able to teach them their lesson and then work with Rabbit while they do the workbook. They can then come to me when they have questions. That has worked pretty well. 

We've just been doing Spelling, Math and trips to the library this summer. My plan is to start ECC on August 5. I've upgraded to the 2nd edition and Rabbit will be doing the 7th/8th grade supplement. I've been trying to figure out a schedule/routine for the fall, but I keep feeling overwhelmed with it all. I'm sure it will come together soon, but right now it's AAAAHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment