Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 8, Day 2 in ECC

Well, since today is the science fair, I thought I would have to change things up, but I didn't really. Since we are going to the science fair, and she is presenting, I'll count that as science, and do what is scheduled in the teacher's manual for science tomorrow, and move our Nature Walk to Thursday or Friday, as those days will be warmer than tomorrow, according to the local weather guys/gals. We managed to get spelling, math, and reading done this morning, even with the noisy boys.

Rabbit did great on her memory verse dictation today. We did a word bank, and I helped her out over the parts where she got stuck. She really worked hard at writing with a nice slant and leaving more space between her words - something she struggles with. I told her how great it was that she worked so hard at it.

I added in the Geography Game for geography time after we read our information pages. Rabbit still has trouble with Puerto Rico vs. Costa Rica - I think it's because of the Rica/Rico. I'm trying to think of a way to help her remember the difference. Then we practiced her science fair presentation twice, and gathered up our supplies. She did Spanish and snack. There was a quiz in Spanish, and she got the answers all right. I'm pretty sure she was guessing.

After that I did preschool with the boys while Rabbit worked on her crossword puzzle. The boys did their Cubbies verse, and then wanted to do more pages from the "Complete Book of Preschool." So, I had them sit at their desks. They did pages where they draw lines down, and then circle things that were the color specified. Well, while we were doing this, Rabbit finished her crossword, and wanted to work in her "Complete Book of 3rd Grade," so I picked some "spelling" pages for her to do. They were about plurals and when to add "s" versus "es."

Next up was writing eights. She got through the whole alphabet and all numbers today. I let her choose what to do next, as I wanted to get done early today. She chose math, then spelling, and then reading. She did great. Her three missed spelling words today: yellow, almost, and clothes. "Clothes" is another one of those words I remember learning to spell and struggling with. We did the poem in the teacher's manual for English again today.

It was time for me to make lunch next, so Rabbit spent 15 minutes using her wrap-ups to work on her subtraction facts, and then 15 minutes on book basket.

After lunch, we had to start gathering everything up and getting everyone ready to go to the science fair. This was the first year our home school group had a science fair. I think we had 14 entries or so! It was very good. We didn't win anything, but Rabbit had fun, and learned a lot. Next year we start our science project in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment