Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crying out for Help

"They were helped in fighting them, and God handed the Hagrites and all their allies over to them, because they cried out to Him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him." - 1 Chronicles 5:20

I was reading about King Saul this morning, and came across this verse. It reminded me that I need to cry out to God in my battles, and He will answer my prayers because I trust in Him. I so often try to do things in my own strength and my own way. I can do it for a while, but then I wear down and really struggle. And then He sends a great verse like this.

A neat thing, doing our school Bible lesson this morning, was the story of Elisha in Dothan, and the Aramean army had surrounded the town (in 2 Kings 6). Elisha's servant got up early, looked outside and got a little worried, to say the least. Elisha prayed that his servant's eyes would be opened. What did he see? Chariots of fire surrounding the Aramean army.

And I think of my battles. Battles with patience. Battles with doing the right thing. Battles with my flesh. And I wonder, what chariots does God have around me to help me fight my battles?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Trish - it blessed not only your heart - but mine. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete