Sunday, April 11, 2010

Abeka Kindergarten Progress

Tigger and Pooh are doing pretty well. I really like that Abeka as consonant blend practice. And you do it a lot. But, now that we're hitting a few vowel teams, they're struggling a little. The vowel teams covered so far: /ay/, /ar/, /or/, and /ou/. They've got /ay/ down pretty well. But the last three are new. So, tomorrow, we're going to play a little phonics bingo.

I made blank Bingo cards in Photoshop Elements. Then I printed them on card stock and laminated them. Now, I can write different consonant blends and vowel teams in the blanks, and play bingo with the boys. I made little tiles earlier this year for the different consonant blends that Abeka teaches, and I grabbed the vowel teams from our All-About-Spelling board, and put those in a cup. I'll have to see if that helps the boys any.

The nice thing about the blank bingo cards is I can use them again. Just wipe off the dry erase marker and put different things (maybe math drill answers or something) on the blanks. Just use low-odor dry erase markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment