Monday, August 16, 2010

First day for Rabbit

I'm trying to ease into school for Rabbit, so we didn't really do any "RTR" today. We had a bit of a crazy morning. Tigger didn't sleep well, and then his throat was still sore and still sniffing, so I knew the boys weren't going to do school today. Then, Tigger accidentally dropped his cereal bowl and it broke all over the tile floor. So, there was 20 minutes sweeping and vacuuming added to the morning. The boys watched PBS this morning while Rabbit and I started.

Rabbit and I went over the boys verse for the week. I thought it was a good verse and she will probably join in the boy's Bible time.

Then we did her math. It was really the second half of a lesson she started before she went to visit the grandparents. I basically had to remind her how to do all the problems. Once we got going, she finally started to click again.

After that we had a short snack, and then I helped her write a letter to her pen pal. She had received a letter while she was gone. That took Rabbit quite a while. She dictated to me, I wrote on the white board, and then she copied it.

By the time she was finished, it was time for me to make lunch. So, I did that. After lunch I had her spend some time on the iTouch doing math division drills. Then we listened to the Spanish lessons from The Easy Spanish that we never finished last year. I thought it would be good to at least finish those off. Finally, we started Book 5, Step 1 in All-About-Spelling. The first lesson is a lot of review, so I set the timer for 5 minutes for each section. We did 5 minutes of the yellow cards, then 5 minutes of the red cards, then 5 minutes of the blue cards, and finally 5 minutes of green cards. I figure we'll just do that every day until we've finished most of the review. The yellow cards are the hardest for her. The blue cards she did great - only missing 4 in the review.

One new thing I'm going to do this year is print out a list of assignments from Homeschool Tracker Plus for her. I've entered almost all the things from the RTR T.M. So, I'll print it out and highlight the ones she can do by herself while I work with the boys. This way she can see what is expected overall for each day, and by herself each day. I'm hoping it will start giving her some responsibility and independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment