Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1850MOD Week 3 Day 5

Today I was very glad we had switched from Math-U-See to Singapore Math. Not that Math-U-See is a bad program. But, today had to be our light day because of all the outside activities. I was about to start Math with the boys, and asked Rabbit what she was doing. She said she was doing her math. I was quite surprised, and she said, "Yeah, Mom. It's perimeter. I know how to do that!" And we had done a ton of perimeter problems in Singapore Math the last few years. So, I worked with the boys - the were learning regrouping in Subtraction problems. I would say we only got about 1/2 way through the lesson in 45 minutes. Then Rabbit asked for some help, so I told the boys they could take a short break while I worked with her. She had two problems she needed help on, and then we went back and checked her work - she had only missed 2. I am so proud of her.

So, we basically only did Bible (worked on our verse, and read and listened to our hymn), Spelling, Math Drill, Reading, studying AWANA verses, Math, and played State Rummy. They all had P.E. today, and Rabbit had worship dance. Plus, we spent time at the libraries today. They always spend a good hour or more reading on the days we go to the library.


I don't think we'll be doing school tomorrow - we have some things coming up that I need to prep for. So, our days will still not line up so the light day falls on Wednesday yet, but eventually it will.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am stopping by from the MFW Blogroll and co-hosting the My Father's World Homeschool Highlights this school year with Monica @ DiscoverTheirGifts. This is where MFW families connect weekly, or as often as you like, to share what we are doing in our schools. The first one is September 8, the info is on my blog. I hope you join us!

    Kattie
    http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/

    ps: I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete