Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 1, Day 4 in ECC

Each day gets more comfortable. Thursday, Tigger and Pooh did not want to do bulletin board time, so that sped things up. I wanted to get done early, as Rabbit was going off to spend the weekend with her grandparents. And, we did get everything done - even a day from Writing Strands 2. (I know, My Father's World doesn't recommend starting Writing Strands until 4th grade, and then using Writing Strands 3, but I got it cheap, and there are some topics I want to cover with her in it.)

The main thing was to work on learning the continent names and locations. I bought a book from Amazon.com called Our World: A Country-by-Country Guide and there was a continent map in the back, so she colored her map the same as that map.There is a song in the teacher's manual that is very cute that helps with learning continent names. We did cover it some last year, but it is good to review.

The other fun thing was to create a John 3:16 poster. Rabbit and I cut a bunch of pictures of people out of some National Geographic magazines. Then, I wrote just "John 3:16" on a piece of paper for each of the kids. The kids picked out pictures to glue on their poster, and then glued the "John 3:16" on their poster somewhere. Rabbit put hers in the front cover of her 3 ring binder for geography. I put Pooh's and Tigger's up on the bulletin board. (One of these days I'm going to have to get around to getting the pictures into my blog.) The idea is a reminder that God loves everyone in the world.

I forgot to add in the Brain Integration Therapy things on Thursday. But, this weekend I worked with the teacher's manual and my schedule and tried to come up with ideas where to work things in. I think the hardest thing to work in is going to be the "Writing 8's." If I can just make these things part of the routine, as habits, then it will be just part of our regular day.

Tomorrow is Monday, but we'll be doing Week 1, day 5. That would normally be a Friday. We have enough 4 day weeks coming up that it will be fine to be "off" - we'll eventually get around to lining back up again, or we'll do school on a Saturday one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment