Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Starting Early This Year (Explorers to 1850)

I'm really thinking about starting our school week next Monday! That way, I would do a full week with all 3 kids and see how it goes. Then the next week, Rabbit has Ballet camp in the mornings. So that week I would probably do the 3 R's with the boys while she's at camp (maybe throw in Rosetta Stone, Spelling and anything else that doesn't matter on the grid), then do another hour of school with her in the afternoon and get one more hour for our 4 hours. That would give a week to think about and tweak things. Then start back up on a full Explorers to 1850.

I think I really want to see how things go before we add in Dance and P.E. class in the school year. It will help me feel more confident. They both start in September, so that would give me a full month to see ow it goes.

I'm pretty well ready to start. I've copied James from Bible Gateway (an 1984 NIV version) to a Word document, increased the font for the boys, and then put it in those folders that have the 3 prongs. So we'll use that for our James study. I've got notebooks ready. I've got all my data entered in HST+, I think.

Really, the only things left are copying from George Washington's World and taking last year's work to FedEx Office and having it spiral bound for keepsakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment