Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1850MOD Day 3

Let's just make everyday different. So, today we had no out-of-the-house errands nor surprise visitors, but still...

We got started about 8:35 with Bible. That went well. I needed to go through the Chapter 1 & 2 section of the Progeny Press guide with Rabbit, so the boys did book basket while she and I did that orally. 

Then Pooh wanted to do science, since it was only 15 minutes until snack time. So, we did that next. It was just finishing a page in World of Science. Then a 10 minute snack break (with the timer - will do that all the time now). 

Next I worked through Spelling, English, Reading, Math and Handwriting with the boys. I was hoping that would only take until 11:30, but it took until 12:00. After lunch we did history - which was learning the Southern Border states. That went a little better than learning the Northern Border states. Pooh was able to put his cards in the correct order without help. After that, I did Math and Science with Rabbit. We finished up Lesson 9 (continuing from yesterday). Rabbit said she liked the reciprocal stuff. Then we filled out the Study Guide for Module 1. We're going to study some more tomorrow before doing the test on Friday. We called it a day at 3:00.

My plan is to change up our order. Do Bible first, then Spelling, English, Reading, Math and Handwriting. Then History and Science. Then work with Rabbit on her Math and Science. I feel like our day flows a little better with that order. Though, we don't have English tomorrow, and I'm not planning on adding in writing yet for my boys (they get dictation in All About Spelling, so I was going to start some writing maybe the 2nd half of the year), so I'm not sure how that will play out with our "independent" work for the boys. I may have to rearrange.

No comments:

Post a Comment