Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1850MOD Week 2 Day 3

Life has seemed hectic this week. Between hair appointment, vet appointment, life group, Dance classes, and a used curriculum sale things are busy. 

The boys are taking longer than I thought they would for math. Closer to 45 minutes to an hour! Which I think is a little too long for 3rd graders, but I'm not sure how to speed it up. I am trying to decide what to do with Rabbit during this time. She is usually done with her independent work by the time we get to math. It takes me about 15 minutes to work with the boys to explain their lesson. Then they could work on the workbook by themselves - we'll Tigger could. Pooh needs lots of encouragement to stay on task. But, I could possibly do the warm up with Rabbit during this time, but I want to be available to the boys, but she gets frustrated when she is interrupted in math. And sometimes I get frustrated too, when I am constantly interrupted by the others. I could have her listen to her science. I don't know. If the boys take too long in math, then we don't get history and science done before lunch and the days go really, really, long. (I probably should pray about it.)

Things would go better if we would start earlier, but we have been having trouble starting by 8:15. I don't think it's an unreasonable goal, but when the dog has to be at the vet's office between 8:00 and 8:30, it does throw your day off.

What would a perfect day look like?

  1. Children would be ready to start school with a good attitude.
  2. Children would move immediately to the next thing when the timer goes off.
  3. Children would go to the bathroom during snack and lunch breaks and not interrupt class time.
  4. Subjects would actually take the time allotted, and not longer.
Well, I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment