Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nervous about starting Week 3

We won't actually start week 3 until Tuesday, but week 3 is when things kick it up a notch. Tomorrow (Monday), we'll do Week 2 Day 5 - the post-test of learning the states. I think the kids will do pretty well. I'll probably have to write for Pooh and Tigger. Rabbit will do fine, except spelling them correctly of course.

My nervousness has to do with having the 2nd/3rd grade supplement and the regular History and how much time it will all take. I've been reading the 2nd/3rd grade supplement read aloud at bedtime, and that is working fine. The boys enjoy that, and Rabbit usually listens in. This week we add in U.S. Facts and Fun and See the U.S.A. These first couple of worksheet pages will be fine. We'll have to see how the rest go. We also add in the Story of the World Volume 4 this week for Rabbit. I pre-read this week's, and the boys could join in for Day 1 (and would probably enjoy helping build the Crystal Palace). Day 3 and Day 4 both have wars, but nothing graphic or anything.

I did type up the Review Questions from the Story of the World Activity Book for Rabbit. I often forget to have the kids narrate (either as we read or listen to the CD, or at the end of the reading), so I thought having the questions typed up with space to answer them might help. Plus, at the beginning here, I'm going to read through the questions and the outline before we read so that we know for what we're suppose to be listening. 

This week won't be quite as busy as last, so that will help too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment