Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is the cup half full, half empty, or ...?

I was just thinking of Thanksgiving, and how much for which we have to be thankful. Some people look at the cup half full. We have a roof over our heads, food on our table, clothes on our backs. Life is good. Some people look at the cup half empty. The roof leaks, the food is left overs, the clothes have holes. Life is hard. Then, I thought of David. He said, "My cup overflows." (Ps. 23:5) Do we see how our cup overflows? God is so good to us, so gracious, so faithful. We can cast our cares upon Him. We can approach the Creator of the Universe about anything. "Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Ps. 23:6). My cup overflows!

No comments:

Post a Comment