Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week 10, Day 3 in ECC

Today, Rabbit rushed through the pledge and her Awana memory verses. I know we have dance today, but I was surprised she rushed through. Then we were off to Bible. The passage was about not worrying. (After yesterday's election, well, let's just say it was the perfect lesson for me.) And then we worked briefly on our ECC memory verse.

We played the Geography Game for Geography. We are doing both North America and South America, and reviewing the South American capitals as we play. Then we did science. She really liked the gliding tree frogs, but the one picture in one of the books with the big air sac made her not want to look at them any more. Anyway, for her science page, she traced one of the gliding tree frogs. She did an awesome job tracing and coloring it. I told her it was her best science page yet.

Today was the "final" in our Spanish book. The first time through, I let her just kind of listen to the whole thing, so she can get a feel for how it is going to go. The next time through, we'll do more of the performance challenges and try to take it more "seriously." We have access to an online Spanish program (the tellmemore.com people, I think) through the county library, but Rabbit was so against Rosetta Stone last year, I don't know if I'm going to do it with her. We'll talk about it and see what she wants to do. I'd really rather get Rosetta Stone, but that's probably going to have to wait.

Rabbit worked on the multiplication math windows, an English page, and her science page while I did some things with the boys. I read a book to them, we went over their verse, and played a couple of matching games. Then it was time to make lunch, so Rabbit finished her work and book basket while I made lunch.

After dance, we had math, spelling, writing eights, writing, and poetry. Whew. Glad we are done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment