Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Week 12, Day 1 in ECC

Today was presentation day. We had to get done by 2:00 - and we did! Although I missed a couple of things.

For Bible, we read about Romania in Window on the World. The story was about a lady who was will to trade her best clothes for a Bible. So, I asked the kids if they would be willing to trade their favorite toy(s) for a Bible. Uh, we're not there yet.

Next, we were off to Norway. Rabbit wanted to take a boat to Africa (from Brazil) and then fly to Norway, so that's what we pretended. Then I put the flag stickers in their passports and dated them. For science, we read about conifer forests.

Rabbit did Spanish on the computer again. She does fine saying individual words, but when it comes time to put them into a sentence - well let's just say it sounds like mumbling. If I say it with her she does better, but we have issues. Maybe I need to do ear eights before Spanish and do fencers before geography?

After snack and recess, Rabbit had quite a bit of seatwork: a coloring page from Bible time, copying the memory verse for the week, the Flag Sticker Book, and addition Wrap-Ups. So, she worked on those while I did Cubbies verses and stories with the boys. Then the boys wanted to color their coloring page form Bible time. After that, it was time for me to make lunch, so Rabbit worked with the boys and they all did their Flag Sticker books together.

After lunch, Rabbit did math while I put the boys down for quiet time. Since we were short on time, we didn't review the x3 math facts. We did writing-eights and then spelling . I forgot to do English! We were going to read the next story in her reading book, which was The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy. We have the original somewhere, and as I was reading ahead in the book I noticed they had changed the story just a little and I didn't really like the wording, but we couldn't find our book. So, we skipped ahead to the poem and did our poetry class real quick and then music.

Finally, we went to presentation day. Rabbit said a verse she is working on for Awanas. Both Tigger and Pooh each sang the "ABC Song" - separately. I decided they should do it separately, since they sang at different speeds, and tended to get lost at different places. It was very cute, and I'm glad they had the courage to stand up in front of the kids and do it. After that, it was soooo beautiful we went to the park with all the other families and had a blast there.

No comments:

Post a Comment