Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week 13, Day 2 in ECC

Our day started with the usual Awana verses. Still trying to think of who to invite to Awana this Sunday, but that will come eventually. For Bible, we read about the time Jesus casts the demons into the pigs. We had some discussion, but I wasn't for sure why the people wanted Jesus to leave. So, we got out my NIV study Bible and looked at the notes. Apparently the people were concerned about the financial loss of the pigs, more than the guys' state of mind (in Mark and Luke there is only one guy in this story). Then we had dictation of the memory verse. I did a word bank for her, for which she is always grateful. She did great, but she was kind of hard on herself. I'm not sure why.

For Geography, we tried the Norwegian math problems, but Rabbit said it was hard. Then we did the geography game. I didn't do the new way, yet, as Rabbit is still learning the European countries. No science today, so I let Geography go long. Then we had snack and Spanish time. I sat with her and read through the book with her as we listened to the lesson. I gave the kids a 15 minute recess, while I got dinner in the crock pot going.

We didn't have any seatwork for the day, so I had her read a couple of books from the book basket - ones that I wanted her to read while I did preschool with the boys. We did calendar time, name time, and phone number time today. Then I read them a story from the book basket. Tigger is really into drawing WALL·E, so that was it for preschool. Then Rabbit did writing eights. There was some complaint, but she did it. Next was an English lesson, and we looked at a poem and discussed stanzas, capitalization, punctuation and such. We were still early, so I started reading one of the book basket books as a read aloud to her. She enjoyed that.

After lunch, she worked on math by herself, and a friend stopped by to show us their new puppy. What a cute little dog! Then on to spelling, reading and finally, art. We enjoyed making our Lapland Square. I didn't have any ricrac, but we used some left over material from our quilt, cut into strips, for part of the design. I'll post a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment