Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 15, Day 5 in ECC

Woo-hoo! We are done for December. Oh, shhhh. Don't tell my children I'm actually excited about that.

Well, we finished up France today. We started with Bible. We read a little more about Tyndale. Rabbit needed a little boost with her verse, but I'm not giving grades...

We looked at the Geography lesson, and decided it had to wait until later, so Rabbit worked on her Geography vocabulary pages. Then it was snack time. After snack, the boys were insistent on having preschool today. ("It's no fun when Daddy's home, because we don't get preschool.") So, we did calendar work, and then a little phone number work (we need to do that one more), and then they wanted me to draw and cut out cars for them to color. So, that's what I did. While I was doing that, Rabbit got Dad to give her her spelling test. She got a 100% - yeah Rabbit!

After that, we made the batter for crepes, and then put it in the fridge, and had reading time. We read about Helen Keller in our reader today. It was time for making lunch, and I think Rabbit went off and read a book or two.

We had crepes for lunch. We used rice milk instead of real milk and Nucoa instead of butter, and it worked fine! I'm so excited! Sometimes fancy new recipes don't work for me. Rabbit and Pooh tried them, but Tigger refused to even taste one (he's usually my brave soul). We were out of bread, so my husband put deli meat and cheese on ours, and melted them slightly in the microwave. We used brown sugar ham and maple turkey - yummy! So, we did really sample some French cuisine. All the other recipes looked too challenging to try to modify to use dairy-free stuff.

After getting the boys down, we worked on another math page, and then drilling math multiplication facts that Rabbit is having trouble with. I told her we may review every day over the break just to get them in her head better. Also, I'm going to keep the book basket books over the break for reading time. And, we need to get caught up on George Muller, so there is plenty to do.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment