Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 15, Day 2 in ECC

We started with Bible time. Rabbit and I had some really good discussions. It was rather long, so she didn't really narrate. She had a lot of questions about the passage and we discussed those. Then we had a Hero Tales reading and worked on the memory verse. Today was memory verse dictation day. Rabbit did great with it.

After that, we did Geography. We tried to read some French words. I'm sure I butchered it, but it was kind of fun. Then, we played Geography Game version 2. Rabbit loved it, because she won! After that we read our science time was about how scientists classify things. I forgot to prepare for the activity to go with it, so we'll do it tomorrow, rather than a nature walk. (Don't you hate it when those arctic air masses get down this low?)

During snack, we listened to music from yesterday's assignments. Then we worked on spelling. Today she was to copy the words to a study sheet. Then I had her trace them in cornmeal two times each. They are all 4 to 6 letter words, so that works well. Then we did our English assignment - a discussion of what paragraphs are.

After lunch, she did a drills sheet printed off Math-U-See's web site and a page in her math book. She claims she did NOT have to look at the wall to see what the times 6 answers were. Then we did reading, and finally art. For the art project, we had a hard time finding a place where we could get the light far enough away from my head so she could trace my profile on the paper. (Outlets in this house aren't always consistently placed.) She had fun with that.

I've kind of scaled back this week before Christmas break. I'm going to drop Spanish for the week. I need to do our read aloud, but I keep forgetting. Maybe just a little each day over the break to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment