Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week 15, Day 4 in ECC

Today we got off to a much earlier start. We did our Bible time. It has been fun reading about William Tyndale. It is amazing how God worked out the bad (the archbishop buying up all the Bibles and burning them) for good (the money the archbishop used to buy up the Bibles, went back to Tyndale so he could run another printing). We enjoyed that.

For geography time, we played the geography game version 2, and Rabbit won again! She gets better roles of the die than I do. Then the "optional" assignment was to build a model of the Eiffel Tower. They suggested craft sticks, but we didn't have any on hand. So we used pipe-cleaners. Rabbit and I had such a good time doing this together. We laughed and laughed. Rabbit said she thought it would "spring up and walk away" it was so bouncy. Here's a picture:


After that, she had a snack and I worked on getting dinner in the crockpot. (My husband had taken Tigger and Pooh shopping, so we had a pretty quiet house.)

Next we did spelling. Poor rabbit. She misspelled "grade" as "grate." She knew how to spell it. We talked about looking over what we write after we write it to make sure it is right. She decided she wanted to write the word 3 times as her studying method for the day. I allowed it. Then we did math. I'm still having to give her the story title for her to remember the answer.

After lunch, we did writing, reading, poetry, and then I drilled her multiplication facts some more. I am so looking forward to tomorrow - our last day until January 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment