Tuesday, August 13, 2013

ECC 2nd Edition: Day 5

Well, this day did not really go as planned, but it's fine. I was hoping we would get in a "practice day" for our light days. We need to be done by 11:00 with most things so we can eat lunch and get to P.E. class by 12:00. Did not happen today.

We did Bible first, which didn't take too long. But, with vocabulary and an activity this day, that took way longer. I helped the boys map their room. Rabbit mapped a bathroom. I didn't have any paper large enough to do 1" = 1' map scale, so we used graph paper and had one square on the graph paper equal 1 foot. (Oh the irony! Rabbit did scales and scale factors in Math yesterday and today!)

Next we did spelling, which still takes longer than I like. Then math with the boys. Not sure all that Rabbit was working on.

I went ahead and did the next chapter in Kingdom Tales during lunch. Afterward, I did handwriting with the boys. (I'll be glad when that is done!) Then today I decided they could read to themselves for 10 minutes rather than read with me, so I could work with Rabbit.

Rabbit was struggling with the questions in the Progeny Press guide, so we did some of them together. Then we did Math - finishing day 125 (lesson 97 in the book). After that, we did a Physical Science lesson, even though it is the light day, and normally we wouldn't do one. I want to get ahead as much as possible. We didn't finish until 3:45, because of an experiment.

Not bad, but really looking forward to truly light days.

No comments:

Post a Comment