Monday, October 13, 2008

Taking a break from ECC

Well, normally I don't think I would take a break in the middle of a country, but we have a science fair to get ready for by next Tuesday. So, we're going to focus on the basics (math, reading, spelling, maybe a little writing) and our science fair project.

We started with the Pledge and Awana verses. We really worked those Awana verses for about 20 minutes. Then, we sat down and looked through one of the science fair books I got from the library. We have officially picked a project, and actually got started on a set up. We're going to see if having a barrier when you sneeze, like a tissue, helps keep the germs from spreading. We're going to put confetti in ballons and pop them.

After Spanish and recess (well, I suppose Spanish isn't really one of the "basics," but we always do Spanish during snack time), I had Rabbit read up on viruses and how they spread, while I did preschool with the boys. We went over their next Cubbies section and practice their verse. Then we counted on the calendar, spelled their names, went over the days of the week, months of the year, and the letter "C." after that I pretty much lost them. So, Rabbit and I went back to working on her science fair project.

After lunch, we did math, spelling, and reading, and more science fair project. For math, we moved onto the next section about area. In spelling, Rabbit only missed one of the words from last week (and that was as far as we got). Reading was fine. Today I decided we could take turns reading. For the science fair project, right now we are taping together 2' x 2' sheets of packing paper to make a 8' x 8' sheet of paper to measure how far things "blow" when the balloon pops.

We're still doing all our Brain Integration Therapy stuff through-out the day, even writing eights. We did have a bit of "attitude" issues during spelling and math. I'm afraid there will be no computer tonight for Rabbit.

Note: I added pictures below of our science experiments and last nature walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment