Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 9, Day 3 in ECC

Oh my. Dance class day...

We started with the usual. For some reason, Rabbit is having a real hard time with this week's Awana verses. We're going on 2 weeks of studying, yet she is still struggling. (I've got the sections memorized, can we please move on? )

Rabbit is continuing in her efforts to get the boys to join in. So, they sat around while I read the interesting facts about Brazil from the geography book, and Rabbit filled in the crossword. The we played the geography game. Rabbit already knows all the countries. We will definitely need to add in North America when we play next week.

We read our science sections, and I typed up a science page for Rabbit to draw on. Then the boys wanted pages to draw on too. So, I had them tell me something they learned, and I typed it up and printed it out. Pooh drew a "hoatzin" - a bird. Actually, Rabbit drew it for him, and Pooh colored it. He actually did a pretty nice job of coloring. Tigger wanted fish on his page, so we wrote about the fish in the Amazon river. I drew the first one, and then he actually drew several others. Some looked more like fish than others.

After Spanish and snack, I had Rabbit work on her multiplication facts by reviewing flash cards, while I had some time with the boys. After counting on the calendar and tracing some numbers I put up, they sewed some cardboard shapes. Tigger actually started one by himself - that's a first. I had them pick up and Rabbit do book basket while I made our early lunch. Then it was off to dance class for Rabbit and to the park with the boys.

After we got home from dance class and the kids finished their snacks, the boys went to quiet time. Rabbit worked on writing eights, writing, English, math, spelling, reading and poetry. Whew! But, we got it done. I'm still only having her do one sentence on the days we do writing. I have thought about doing it every day, but 2 or 3 days a week is fine for now. I will say I am starting to see better spacing between her words when she writes (or did I already say that somewhere in my blog).

Even for all that, we were still done by 3:15. But, I'm always glad Wednesday is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment