Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week 6, Day 4 in ECC

Busy is the only way to describe today.

We started with our usual, but Rabbit was not really being respectful when we said the pledge. If there is one thing that gets me, it's that. (Even in college, at basketball games, I would tell guys to take their hats off during the Star Spangled Banner - guys way bigger than me or any of my friends.) So, we started off on the wrong foot. But, we worked through it, and did our Awana verses. The book had a game to use to work on memorizing the New Testament books, so we did that.

For geography, we made Mexican paper-tissue flowers. Here is how ours turned out:


We would have made more, but we ran out of time. Perhaps tomorrow.

Then, we had 4 pages to read in science, rather than 2, but Rabbit did a good science page. Our Spanish book actually had a worksheet today, so we did that together. Then she went off to work on her science page and math drill while I did preschool with the boys. We read a couple of our books from book basket, and then played "alphabet scramble." I have the Laurie lowercase letters, and I hook the blue forms together, and then have the boys figure out where the yellow letters go. It's good for them to learn to match those shapes.

After that, Rabbit did book basket time, while I made our early lunch. We have just one more chapter of Cameron Townsend. I'm not sure reading the read alouds at lunch is such a good idea. The boys are pretty board with it. We have a couple of weeks off before we move to Nate Saint. Since that one has such a different ending, I may ask my husband to read it to Rabbit at bedtime instead.

Then, it was off to dance class. The boys and I went to a park. When we got home, the boys went down for a nap, and Rabbit worked on her math page. Spelling was good - only missing one word today, and another chapter in our reading book. We finished up with music.

And then, we worked on finishing up our pinata. We didn't use tissue paper and decorate it like the book said. We just didn't have time. So, we just painted it with tempura paint. Here it is hanging up off the back porch, drying:


If we had more time, a couple of more coats of paint would have totally obscured the newspaper. But, we learned a lot this time around. When we do it again (she'll be in 8th grade?), then we'll know - or I'll just buy one from the party store!

I think it will be nice if I can get light and independent days to fall on dance class days. We are looking forward to having our Fiesta tomorrow night when dad comes home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment