Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week 3, Day 1 in ECC

Started with the magnets again, and they helped. But, we started a little late, so when it got to 10:00 and we hadn't done science yet, I just moved the magnets around so that Spanish and Recess came next, then Science.

There was a lot of map labeling to do in Geography today. I had Rabbit do some, and then I wrote in for the smaller countries. Plus, there was putting the flag stickers on the right countries. I bought Flag Sticker books for Pooh and Tigger, and together we did four flags. Then, I worked the first page of the Geography packet with Rabbit. That was good, and she did great with it. I think the suggestion in the teacher's manual is good: at the younger ages, do as much as you can with them to teach them how to look things up.

In Science, we started learning about deserts. The nice thing for Rabbit today was to just to color the deserts in on a world map, rather than drawing her own.

Rabbit did great on her math page today. Tomorrow, we do the last lesson test in Beta, and then will do the Unit Test IV, and Final Test. It will be nice to move on.

For Math Drill today, we did 10 minutes at the Math-U-See on-line drill. Just addition today.

For English, we did Primary Language Lessons lesson 58. It was a review of how to use a comma in the place of "and" in a list. I had her dictate the sentences and wrote them out, showing her where commas went.

The first chapter of the read aloud didn't take that long. I plan to read those at lunch. We're reading about Cameron Townsend - the man who started Wycliffe Bible Translators. Since we had already done so much today, we skipped reading, but I plan on continuing it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment