Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 4, Day 3 in ECC

Today was great, especially after taking a sick day yesterday! (We had some attitude issues, but those are everyday.) We started with our usual routine, and then did Bible. Rabbit had forgotten what her name meant, so I told her. That made her light up. We chose a very special name for her, as our first baby (also a girl) died shortly after she was born. Then, I told her what Tigger and Pooh's names meant, and mine and her father's.

For geography, we colored the copy of the flag. I say "we" because I colored the blue background around the stars, otherwise it would have taken forever. Then I had Rabbit read the page that told the meaning of the stars and stripes and I wrote that on the back. We did the map of the U.S. geography game - she still only got 40 right, so afterward we reviewed the states she missed.

Since we did our Nature Walk at the Great Sand Dunes this weekend, we didn't have science time. But, I did print out on card stock a picture of a Giant Sand Treader Camel Cricket that I took, and then we looked up information on insects at the Sand Dunes. Then I had Rabbit write a summary sentence underneath the picture.

After the kids came in from recess, Rabbit used her "Wrap-Ups" to practice times 1 and times 2 facts, and read from a book while I did preschool time with the boys. I read them a book, and then we went over the letter "A". I put some paper on each side of our easel and let them draw. The boys were finished early, so Rabbit and I worked on the writing eights. We got all the way to "S" in our 15 minutes - the furthest yet. For our Writing Without Curriculum time, I drew a pictures of a Camel Cricket jumping. She wrote a very complex sentence for my picture. We managed to get through poetry and spelling before it was time for me to go fix lunch. For spelling, we only got through her missed words from last week, and she is still having trouble with "every" and "except."

For math, she did page 3D - a skip counting by 2, 5, and 10's review page, and then Test 3. She scored 100%. She's doing great with multiplication, so far, and seems excited about it. Then we read another chapter in More New Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment