Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 4, Day 5 in ECC

Ahhh. Light and Independent days are quite nice.

We started with the Pledge, Awana verses, and then Bible time. Rabbit knew the verse, just saying it 3 times each day, even on top of her Awana verses. Good job, Rabbit! We looked through the recommended pages at the recipes suggested to try. Extra cooking on a school day would stress me out, and I didn't look ahead (bad teacher!), so we don't have ingredients on hand. One of the recipes we can't do because of the dairy. If I can find a dairy-free yellow cake mix, we might try the pumpkin bread/muffins this weekend. Rabbit thought that looked tasty.

Today was a "Repatterning" day, so we did that. Only took 20 minutes or so. Then I had Rabbit work on the Math-U-See online math drill for her x0, x1, and x2 math facts while I got the boys ready for going to the park. We met a friend at the park who also has twin boys just 2 months older than mine. We stayed for about an hour. We all rode our bikes to the park - that was a bit of a challenge, as for some reason Tigger kept falling down.

After lunch, the boys had their naps, and Rabbit and I did math, spelling, and reading. Then, we got the boys up and went off to the library. I picked up our reserved books, as we are starting "Mexico" tomorrow. Then I searched the database for more "Mexico" books and DVDs. I found a couple of DVDs to put on hold, and a couple of more Mexico picture books. Then, Rabbit and I worked on the next page in the Geography Packet. We found a couple of atlases and worked on the Rivers page and the Mountains page. We were only able to find 4 or 5 of the mountains in the atlases. I told her that we would use the computer encyclopedia sometime to look up the rest of them. We have Student Brittanica for the home computer, and then I found out we also have access to World Book online through our library.

All in all, a good day. Tigger and Pooh complained that they didn't get any preschool, but I figured an hour at the park was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment