Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week 4, Day 4 in ECC

Nothing like a long Day 4 to look forward to a Light and Independent Day 5!

The morning went fine. For the geography "quiz" today on the United States, I gave Rabbit a list of the United States in alphabetical order with a number, 1 - 50, in front. Rabbit then wrote the number on the states. As usual, she only got 40 out of 50. Maybe we'll have time to review them again on light and independent days. It still took Rabbit a long time to do the quiz.

Science was again reading about the desert after the rain. She drew a couple of Saguaro cacti for her science page.

I did read a couple of books to the boys for preschool time, then we worked on spelling their names. Yesterday, I had taught them the letter A/a, and when Pooh saw that there was an "a" in his name, he got very excited about that connection. Then they decided they wanted to play games on their "Lightning McQueen Laptop" computers. I'm always amazed at what they have figured out on their own for those.

Rabbit and I continued our writing eights from yesterday, starting at "s," and then doing the numbers 1 - 9. I had talked to someone at Dianne Craft's booth last year at the CHEC conference, and she showed me how do do the numbers, too. I think it does help. She also wrote another great sentence today for writing. Her spelling was quite unique, but the sentence was very good.

After lunch, we worked on multiplying by 2. We watch the DVD, reviewed the facts on the whiteboard, and then I showed her Dianne Craft's Right-Brained Multiplication flashcards. She liked those - except 2 x 3 = 6. We then went through the triangle multiplication/division cards that I made, saying all combinations. Spelling seemed to be almost nightmarish. She finally spelled "every" right, but missed "except," "met," "jelly," and "self." The word "met" she spelled as "meet." I won't even go into how she spelled the others. I think, once again, my expectations are too high.

Not sure why the day went so long, but it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment