Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 6, Day 1 in ECC

It is hard to believe we have finished 5 weeks of school.

Rabbit is farther ahead in math than I thought she would be. We are making progress on writing. She is doing much better in spelling. She really loves the Pathway Readers.

However, today we had attitude issues. We started a new thing a couple of weeks ago. She starts the day with a small bowl of 20 pink paper clips. Every time she disobeys, gives me attitude, or does something I've asked her not to do, I take a chip. At the end of the day, if she has 15 or more clips, she can play 15 minutes on the computer while are putting the boys down for bed. If she has between 8 and 14, no computer. Less than 8, there will be consequences. I'll also allow her to earn clips back by doing chores and being helpful. We've never had less than 14 at the end of the day - but a couple of days, she had to earn a few back to get her 15 minutes of computer time. She still had 16 clips at the end of today, but my! It is helping her to develop a better habit of not having a bad attitude about everything.

The amazing thing today was how far through the writing-eights we got. She asked if we could have different background music, so I put on some Bach. It seems better paced for it - not too fast, and not too slow. She also did a dictation lesson from Primary Language Lessons. We didn't do all 5 sentences. I picked the easiest 3 - it was practicing apostrophe "s."

Oh, we have an experiment that we need to remember to check tomorrow. I forgot to have her check it today. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment