Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 3, Day 4 in ECC

Today went quite well, for a Monday. I managed to work in all the Brain Integration exercises, even when I forgot to do them at the right place. We also added in Awana verses today. Rabbit is now in T-n-T. Last year I had her trace over the verses I had written out. She doesn't want to do that this year, so for now we're just going to say them after the pledge, before we work on ECC's Bible lesson.

We looked at the Illustrated World Atlas for Geography. It was funny, because yesterday when I was checking the lessons, I misread it as Intermediate World Atlas and was looking at the pages and noticed it didn't match the topic in the teacher's manual. I almost posted to the My Father's World message board when I realized my mistake.

Science is still all about deserts. She did her science page on the strange rock formations you find in the desert due to wind.

We did our writing eights again today. We only got through "o" before 15 minutes was up. She still doesn't like to do them. I suppose it is the repetitive nature of it. But, afterward we did the Writing Without Curriculum ideas recommend by Dianne Craft. She did great! She went in a totally different direction than I expected, but it was very good for her. I've got to remember to give her heaps of praise for all the good things she does.

Spelling went much better today. She got her three words from last Friday correct, and then only missed one word before our 5 minutes were up. I think she's getting back into the routine of things. I am still reminding Rabbit about attitude, but it isn't as much. She even said she didn't mind doing her "seatwork" today.

For math, we reviewed a couple of topics that we haven't seen in a while that are on the final for Beta. We're planning on doing that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment